Thursday, September 2, 2010

Riding My Bike Part II

Okay, I'm a big shot. I told myself I would ride to Pico, which is about 4 miles from my house. Sure, what's the problem? I can handle it. At 1:30 pm in the afternoon I started out.

I got about 6 blocks before a bus came up behind me and I gave up. Yes, that's right. I jumped on the bus. I'm proud I made it 6 blocks.

Where I got off the bus it was downhill all the way to the high school where I will teach tomorrow. Pray for me. It's 12th graders. I was really a good kid in high school, so I hope that mojo keeps these girls from eating me alive.

Unfortunately, I missed all the buses going back and rode the whole 4 miles home. With a laptop in my backpack. When I made it home, I was sweaty and my back hurt real bad. It was an amazing excuse to take a nap!

I want to take this opportunity to thank G-d (Gracias Adios!) that no car hit me, because some came pretty close. But that's LA. Why make a bike lane if you can squeeze a gazillion more cars on the road?

Oy vey.



No comments:

Post a Comment