Thursday, September 16, 2010

Atonement

It's coming up to that time of year again - Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement. The day Jews get on our hands and knees, literally, and pray that we be forgiven for all our sins.

In spite of fasting, which tends to weaken me and my resolve, I plan to forgive the Holy One for a year of tragedy. For all the rapes, murders, robberies, kidnappings and sadness in the world. Because it's all His fault. If He didn't love us enough to give us free will, things would be a lot better down here.

Of course, we wouldn't know it. It's kinda hard to tell things are wonderful when they're never bad. And while I'm forgiving G-d, I plan to thank Him for all the good that happens as well. Thank you for a wonderful husband, great children, kind mother-in-law, terrific siblings and siblings-in-law, dependable and caring friends, and all the love that's in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment