Friday, September 17, 2010

My Thought(s) Process

The truth is, I wanted to eat sushi yesterday AND see my best friend who lives near the restaurant. I've gone over this. Even though in my heart I wish it were the other way around, it wasn't.

Here I am, knocking on the door of Yom Kippur, and I feel extremely guilty about the order of my thoughts. The only saving grace, of course, is that lunch was my treat and we had a great time.

I wonder, in my own defense, if the order of thoughts really count when you're doing the right thing. The right thing, in this context, was to take a very dear friend who was stressed out for a very delicious meal. A meal that we both enjoyed. And then run her errands with her afterwards.

Oh well. I must rely on the fact that the Holy One can read our thoughts and our hearts and mine are true and good. Most of the time anyway. Easy fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment