Sunday, September 26, 2010

Another Miracle Story

Motzei Shabbat, which is Saturday night to the rest of the world, I got a phone call from a neighbor. Though a Los Angeleno by birth, she asked me, in a strong New York accent, if I have a son named Mattishyahu.

Why yes, I do have such a son, I told her. Then she tells me that her brother in Crown Heights, New York, has found his wallet on a park bench. Oh please. Thank you for confirming that indeed my son was in Crown Heights this week. What is it with teenagers - don't they tell their parents anything?

Well, I was overjoyed and promised to call my son immediately. Which I did, and left him a message. He called back, sounded so excited and told me that he had given up his wallet for gone and was currently in Times Square.

We rejoiced in how G-d brings people together, and I reminded him that few months back some creep tried to blow up Times Square and he should be careful.

Such is the world we live in. Isn't it marvelous?

No comments:

Post a Comment