Monday, October 25, 2010

My Bad Dream

Granted, I went to bed late last night (12:30 am), which would account for my husband having to wake me by phone at 6:35 am this morning. But I woke up with such a start that I literally didn't know where I was for a few minutes. All because of a bad dream.

Right away I knew where the dream came from. This past Shabbat, a dear friend told me she flunked out of nursing school. My heart broke. Her options are that she fight it, but if she loses she has no recourse, or lay low and wait for someone else to flunk out, which would leave a space open for her to come back and redo the offending course.

She was one of two people to be booted out of school. I know what she went through to get this far - most of my fellow students doing prerequisite classes were nursing students. It just seemed so unfair.

In my dream, I was one of two to flunk a test, and hence lose my dream of becoming of registered dietitian. I was mortified.

Like all things, time has a way of healing, and as the morning wore on and I became involved in other things, the dream faded further and further from my mind. But nearly 12 hours later, I can still remember it vividly.

No comments:

Post a Comment