Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Home At Last

Thanks to the Holy One, my husband came through his surgery just fine. In fact, while still groggy, he asked to be checked out of the hospital.

What is that all about? If it were me, I'd be asking the doctor for an extension to stay. I love laying in bed, watching TV, ringing for room service. Love having my temperature and blood pressure taken, all the while lounging in a state-of-the-art facility that is brand new. Hello - am I crazy?

So when I came to pick my husband up last night around 7 pm, he was dressed, had his plastic bag filled with stuff, and was ready to go. Me, I wanted to sit for a while, but no way. He wanted out.

This morning, when I could barely open my eyes (I have a cold), my husband was up and about, making lunches, surfing the net, and just relaxing at home. I mean, did he have surgery or what?

It's a gift, my friends, to be able to survive the rigors of the modern hospital (germ central) and get back to your daily routine so quickly. I just visited the hospital and I'm thrown off mine.

Hope this isn't a test from you know Who!

No comments:

Post a Comment