Saturday, November 6, 2010

Where Do I Begin?

There is no beginning to heartache. And that's how I feel right now. Not 30 minutes before Shabbat I learned that the 23-year old recently engaged son of a member of my congregation died Erev Shabbat after scuba diving. This will be the FIFTH child this couple will have buried in the last 18 years.

I've cried, I've screamed Ad Motsei! (Enough) and cried again. The young man is gone, no doubt taking his seat under the Throne of Glory, since Erev Shabbat, the gates of gehinom are closed. It's the parents that I, and many of my friends, worry about now.

Dear Hashem, in all His glory, I beg of you. For all of us who remain in these last few moments before redemption, please allow these two people who have suffered so, to smile again, to laugh again, to live a normal life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment