Monday, November 1, 2010

Dearest Debbie

It's truly a gift to have one great friend. In this regard, I have been blessed with much more. But one friend in particular needs an honorable mention. That friend is Debbie.

When my sister said she could not attend my son's Bar Mitzvah kiddush, I was very sad. Debbie sent me one of her funny emails that night and I wrote her back with my tale of woe. She responded immediately, offering to do whatever needed to be done. In other words, act like a sister.

Debbie came dressed to kill on Shabbos, looking amazing. In fact, she looked like the Bar Mitzvah's mother, which made me feel glad that one of us had thought to dress up. I had asked her to sit beside me during the meal, and there she was, entertaining everyone at the table while I sat there, overwhelmed. My mother-in-law mentioned to me afterwards how cute she thought Debbie was, and had also appreciated her upbeat, kind manner.

So here's a shout out to you, Debbie. Thank you. From the bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment