Friday, December 18, 2009

Unexpected Meeting

Today at my neighborhood Trader Joe's, I met an a former professor, someone I had grown close to during class. It's been a good year and a half since we last saw each other or spoke. But today, we were in the same line; she was checking out and I was behind the next in line. I looked at her, she looked at me. Then she smiled and I knew it was her.
How good to catch up with her after what seems like a million years. So much has happened in that time - me moving on to University, she getting her class load reduced due to the budget crisis. It was her idea that I pursue the course I am currently taking, and standing face to face with her in the parking lot brought back some wonderful memories - I made two dear friends in that class that I still have today. Thank you, Creator of the Universe, who sets it all in motion, and lets us play it all out. Thanks for sending her my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment