Sunday, December 20, 2009

Family Day


There's nothing like family - good or bad. I've been blessed with good, and I thank the Holy One as He smiles down on me.


My only sister lives about 45 minutes away from me, and conflicting schedules and the the "daily grind" keep us apart. We might see each other a few times a year, and that is truly unconscionable. So today I took my family and went to visit my sister's family. The few short hours we had together were amazing. The kids played, we looked at old pictures, and I actually became more confused about the history of family members past. Ah, the delights of get-togethers!


I truly wish my brother and sister were my neighbors. Not likely, of course, but a wish all the same. To those of you blessed with relatives "on your head," enjoy. I envy you more than you know. (The photos shows my baby sister Sue on the left, and giddy me, on the right!)

No comments:

Post a Comment