Thursday, December 17, 2009

Give Peace A Chance

I got to thinking yesterday, when my grades came in from the Fall Quarter, that I really had to thank the Holy One, Blessed Be He, for making my hard work matter. And hard work it was. I know I say this every quarter, by I've never worked so hard in my life. All that work paid off.




As I sat staring at my grades on my friend's computer, I thought, thank you G-d for making this possible. Thank you for giving me the strength to survive another onslaught of information digestion in a short amount of time. Thank you G-d for bringing me to this day. As we say in Hebrew, She-heh-che-yonu, Viki-ye-monu, Ve-he-ge-onu, Lezman Hazeh.



What does G-d want for all this? Peace. Peace in our homes (Shalom Bayit), peace in our communities, and peace in our hearts. Then He can dwell among us.


In terms of peace, think global, but act local. I'm not saying forget about world peace. But I think world peace can only come about when there's peace everywhere. It's got to start to each of us individually.


As hard as it will be, I pledge to my Creator that I will work to bring peace to my loved ones. Care to join me by bringing peace to yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment