Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Day is Short. . .

The day is short, the task is great. Just what that means to each of us is a "fill in the blank." To me, on a physical level, that means being all things to all people: wife, mother, best friend, community participant, student. On a spiritual level, it means remembering Who's the Boss, Who's running the show. And when I get frustrusted because feel I've failed somewhere (or everywhere), it comes back to me that I didn't write the script and I don't know how the story ends. I'm just playing my part. If I could get more sleep, truly restful sleep, I might be able to be a bit more introspective. But until that happens (and my guess is it will coincide with the "sleep of the dead"), then maybe I won't be making the same mistakes over and over again, and I won't be so mad about it all. There, I smiled. It's all gonna be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment