Thursday, January 7, 2010

Same Question, Different Answers

I got up well before dawn this morning, knowing I would have to be at the bus stop by 6:30 am to make a 8:00 am class. On the bus, I said Tehillim, listened to music (current favorite: The Best of Moshav Band) and debated to myself whether I was doing the right thing adding such an early class that would tip my course load to 5 upper division classes. Maria, my partner in so many class projects, really wanted to add this class. And frankly, I didn't want to take this class without her. But during registration some weeks back, I purposely didn't add this class as I was already bordering on overwhelm.

Outside the classroom, waiting for the professor to show, Maria asked what we should do. I told her I planned on letting G-d decide. So when we got into class and the professor noticed it was filled to capacity, she announced she would not add any more students unless they were graduating seniors. That's Maria. She had her answer, and I had mine. G-d had spoken, more or less. I grabbed my things, left class and didn't look back.

I figure G-d speaks to us all the time. We just have to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment