Thursday, January 28, 2010

Getting The Message

I was sitting with my friends, going over our class project when it hit me. Suddenly, I couldn't focus. I knew it. A migraine.

I sort of trained myself to function through them. I can't read, but I can write, hear, and smile. Sometimes my thoughts don't come out of my mouth clearly, but what else is new.

Actually, it is quite upsetting to get a migraine. I wipes me out for the rest of the day - I function at half speed. Which I think is the point.

After this last migraine, I thought about all the things I need to accomplish and the list is quite long. Perhaps this migraine is G-d's way of telling me to slow down. All my attempts at controlling events are useless - in the blink of an eye, I go from writing research papers to the inability to form a sentence. If that isn't the One Above, than who?

By necessity, I walked a little slower today, I smiled a little more, I sat a little quieter in my seat. I let everyone else take center stage. I played the audience. I learned a lot. I learned that I can't take my life for granted, my family and friends for granted, my abilities for granted. Thank you G-d, for giving me the message. Considered it received.

No comments:

Post a Comment