Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Dream Come True

The headline on http://www.yahoo.com/ today made me feel like I died and went to heaven: Fat Butts May Be Healthy. The very thing that has plagued me my whole life now may be the best thing that ever happened to me. Wow, what a gift!

Based on studies coming out of the University of Oxford, England, lower body fat (no mention of ankles here) is NOT linked to the development of heart disease and diabetes. No so with stomach fat, which is decidedly not healthy.

Don't get me wrong - fat is not desirable. But not all fat is created equal, and that is the point of the article. So if there's anything you can do about it (short of a genetic redo), pack that fat on your hips and thighs. Care for an extra whole wheat oatmeal raisin cookie, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment