Thursday, January 19, 2012

All's Well That Ends Well

Last night, I was all worked up about having to make a company soup on my own time. A dear friend text me after she read the post and told me, essentially, to suck it up.  The real world isn't fair, and it's high time I got the big picture.  Of course, she didn't say it quite like that, but this dear friend has a way of making sense out of disorder, which was my brain last night.

You know what?  The food presentation was a rousing success, even among those people in the audience who didn't speak English.  I was ecstatic, and so was my preceptor.  We had a great day together, walked to and shopped in, the 99-cent store, and schmoozed the day away.

My dear friend was right.  The real world may not be fair, but it's certainly a place for people who work hard and care about what they do.  It takes this friend to ground me, which she does with great ease.

Thank you dear one.  You and I both know who you are.  You are truly a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment