Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year

The secular new year comes at the same time as the yarhzeit of both my parents. It's bitter sweet, and this year was not easy for me.

My mother's actual yarhzeit was on Shabbat, or New Year's Day, and I had trouble sleeping Friday night, tossing and turning. When I thought about what the day meant, I cried.

I gave the women's shuir in shul, and spoke about my mother and father afterwards. There are many members of the club no one wants to join there, and we orphans consoled each other during kiddish.

We left each other with wishes to hear good news soon, and to be reunited with our loved ones shortly. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss, and more sorry that we didn't discuss this when we spoke earlier this evening. Thank you for lending a supportive ear. Sometimes I just feel very alone and lost.

    ReplyDelete