Monday, January 24, 2011

When The Going Gets Stressful

Not that I want to complain, but I have a lot of things on my mind. Like, the first meeting of our Jewish Club on campus and my presentation before the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health group tomorrow.

So just before the Jewish Club meeting, (ultimately attended by the Rabbi, Victoria and me), I started choking so bad I thought I would faint. A few of my alfalfa sprouts lodged where they didn't belong and, being all alone, I couldn't leave the room before someone else showed up. Wouldn't you know it, I got a migraine.

Not surprisingly, getting a migraine sets me back somewhat, and I was truly out of it for the rest of the afternoon. Thank G-d I took the bus and left the driving to someone else. Got home, crawled into bed and fell asleep. Then the kids came home. Sleeping party over.

What did I learn from all this? I have wonderful friends. People who care and were worried about me. And my husband. He cares too.

Oy vey. What a day. A poet and I didn't know it. Oh yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment