Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mi Clase de Espanol Es Loco

Afraid that I would lose the small amount of Spanish I picked up during a summer course a few months back, I enrolled this Winter in Spanish 1 at Cal State LA.

My professor let everyone know verbally, and in writing, that this class is for people who have never taken Spanish, or whose high school Spanish is long forgotten. Of course, I won't bother mentioning native speakers of Spanish who make up the bulk of the class. That doesn't put me off. Being a native speaker is not an advantage in a college course, whose emphasis is on grammar.

However, the final slide shown the class involved Michelle Obama meeting King Juan Carlos of Spain. My professor asked us to come up with dialog they may have spoken, in Spanish.

WHAT?! Oy vey. The future looks bleak indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment