Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Sickening Feeling

I started to notice Wednesday that I wasn't feeling okay.  Something seemed to be caught in my throat and I couldn't get it out.  Well, it's called a cold, and there's no getting rid of that any time soon.

In a panic to head off the inevitable, I ran to the health food store first thing Thursday morning to get a cure - a throat spray and some "throat" tea.  Both tasted terrible and both needed to be used 5 times a day.  I was wondering which was worse - being sick or trying to avoid it.

But there is no avoiding being sick.  All these products can do is take the edge off a little, relieve the symptoms and maybe shorten the course of things a touch.

So here I sit, Sunday morning with a full blown cold taking over my body.  Tissues everywhere, my back hurts, my eyes hurt.  I'm miserable.  So much for throat tea and throat spray.  Nature, I fear, must take its course.

No comments:

Post a Comment