Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Keeps Getting Better

I got up really early this morning to walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes.  At about the half way mark, I couldn't figure out why I was so tired and having a hard time breathing.  But you know my motto - a winner never quits.  In hindsight, it's a stupid motto.

I stuck it out for the full 30 minutes, feeling like I'd been run over by a truck.  I stretched, and then went to take a shower.  I was feeling kinda faint, so I put the cold water up higher.  I thought it would help.

Just before washing my hair, I felt like I was gonna faint for sure. I barely got the water turned off, stumbled out of the shower and put on my bathrobe when I called to my husband.  I just made it to my bed, telling him that I felt really, really weak.

I was about to ask him to call the ambulance when I fell back on the bed, and felt much better.  Wow, what a difference.  My husband asked what was going on and I told him I was feeling bad and could he bring me a cup of water.  Slowly, I started to feel better, laying down for a solid 20 minutes.

My husband reminded me that I had just given half a quart of blood yesterday and that blood brings oxygen to all parts of the body.  So my body was seriously lacking oxygen.

Not that it made me feel better, but I should have figured that out before doing something so stupid.  If you're working out and you feel bad, stop working out.  Hello - it's really that simple.

Wow, it ain't easy getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment