Monday, February 6, 2012

The Good News

Despite the fact that I'm miserable from fighting this cold, I can take solace in the fact that I can't taste anything I eat and therefore, am eating very little.

I know.  Almost too good to be true.  In fact, I don't miss my inability to taste anything.  At this stage in my life, I've tasted everything I care to and will have to rely on memories.  This could be the impetus I need to actually lose weight.

My mother, may she rest in peace, always said there was silver lining to each dark cloud.  Truth is, lots of people say that.  Regardless, the silver lining here is weight loss.  I can actually visual fitting into my zip up jean skirts (yep - that's a plural) as a reality, not a fantasy.

Which means, of course, I will pass on my husband's offer of Sudafed.  I'm just gonna have to grin (big time) and bear (as in lose) it.

No comments:

Post a Comment