Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Day With Mom

Actually, the title of this post is misleading. I did not spend the day with my mom - I spent the day with my mother-in-law. She's the mother I chose. And it was great.

First, mom wanted to go to a movie and I said yes: The King's Speech. It was fabulous. We laughed and cried and loved the happy ending. It was sort of a high five to overcoming obstacles.

Fancy that - the former king of England, George VI, a poster boy for the Rebbe Maharash, who encouraged all who would listen to"L'Chatchila Ariber"--meaning, "In the first place, go over." Face life's challenges head on, and overcome them directly. Don't go around them. Don't go under them.

After overcoming the obstacle of parking, we enjoyed a deli sandwich lunch, in perhaps the oldest kosher, and indeed, messiest deli in town. I dare not mention the name because the food was fantastic, but the decor was, shall I say, less so.

A perfect day, and hopefully, only the beginning of many more. I have to smile when I picture my mom and me, complete with our very own movie club. Oh yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment