Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Found Without Being Lost

Okay girls, this is for you. My 12th graders, those lovely ladies who love to talk even when I'm talking, found me out. They read my blog.

Okay, let me make it clear. Or let me try to keep it simple. Teaching is my choice. I want to be in that classroom telling you everything I know about physiology. And I want to make it as easy as possible for you.

Some of you know that. You listen to what I have to say and you figured out how to do well in class. For starters, be quiet. Be respectful. You are going on to seminary, or, Heaven help us, marriage and children. Frankly, most of you are not prepared for either option.

You can take my advice to heart, and change. Listen respectfully in class, limit interruptions to a minimum. Don't take a 15 minute bathroom break, et al.

Or, you can disregard everything I say and then, well, I'll only have one choice. It's called a pop quiz. Every class period. No notes, no warning, no mercy.

Deep breathe. Yoga breath. I feel better already.

No comments:

Post a Comment