Sunday, December 19, 2010

Eating Jewish

One of my dearest school friends is engaged to a man who loves Jewish food. Jewish deli food, that is. Both being of Asian descent, I thought I'd help them out. So I invited them to lunch at a kosher deli in a Jewish neighborhood to ascertain if indeed, kosher was any different from kosher style.

Well, it isn't, but the food sure was good. The first course, by unanimous decision, was matzo ball soup. Oh yeah, perfect choice on a rainy, muggy day. Then my girlfriend had schnitzel while her boyfriend and I had the Jr. Burger.

Oh please. Talk about amazing. Hamburger, pastrami, grilled onions, avocado, and onion rings all between a hamburger bun, complete with a mayo and ketchup sauce. It was like dying and going to heaven. Please G-d, let me live long enough to have at least one more Jr. Burger.

When it was all over, I asked for comparisons. They loved the food, said it was as good or better than the kosher-style, and everyone left happy. But in truth, no one was more happier than me. Good friends make my world happen and I am blessed indeed.

*Photos by V.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment