Friday, July 30, 2010

Fin de Semana

Well, it's over. Spanish class, that is. What a long haul it was. Five days a week, three hours a day, for six weeks. And I habl0 un poco (speak a little) Spanish - much more than when I started. I can only get better from here.

I spent the last six weeks with some of the sweetest and interesting people. The instructor and I were about the same age, on the wrong side of 50, but the closest to us in age was a 27 young man now at UCLA studying geology. There were two high school kids, and the rest post high schoolers. Amazingly, we all got along great. In fact, my teacher, a truly lovely woman dedicated to her craft and quite an inspiration to me, as I look forward to one day teaching at the college level, had our class picture taken because she was so impressed with us.

Although my final is a a few hours cold, I'm wondering what it will be like to sleep past 6:30 am each morning. Can't wait to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment