Friday, July 16, 2010

The Aftermath

Every Friday afternoon I clean the house for Shabbat. Not clean like operating room clean but put things away and straighten up. But when I went into my sons' room (four of them together), I flipped out.

It literally looked like the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. There were clothes everywhere and the floor was littered with junk. As a mechanic would say, I blew a gasket.

I got a plastic garbage bag (a la OJ Simpson) and put every piece of clothing on the floor in it. Then I announced to the crowd that if anyone wanted their stuff back, they were going to have to pay cash for it.

Well,I never saw those boys move so fast in my life - unless pizza was on the table. And that bag was emptied fairly quickly.

What can I say. Why did it take me so long? If only I had known that behavior management was really that easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment