Friday, April 2, 2010

Setting Goals

Well, it's started again. The anxiety. Night sweats. Binge eating. Yes, you guessed it. Spring quarter at Cal State LA.

Monday morning, it was great seeing all my classmates again. It had been nearly a week and a half since our last communal nervous breakdown, you know, that thing called finals. Good to see everyone had survived. But this quarter is going to be different.

How? Because a group of us will be exercising and losing weight. Got it all figured out. CSULA is the home to a state-of-the-art gym, brand new, free to students. Downside: no overnight lockers and only two showers. But the thought of losing 30 pounds is so inviting, I can put up with the inconvenience. Oh my gosh, to be thin again.

Okay, I'm probably getting ahead of myself. Kinda like the women's magazines advertising how to look great in a bikini in one week. Not that they make bikinis my size anymore, but I have a goal. My goal is to lose weight. Another is to get straight A's in my classes.

Then there's world peace. Definitely gonna happen. Just wondering if world peace might be more achievable. . .

2 comments:

  1. Love that new goal of yours Nana! You can totally do it. Let's all go to the gym and burn those calories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. See you Monday. It's gonna take me a while to get into the swing of it, so please, have patience!

    ReplyDelete