Monday, April 12, 2010

Spinning Wheels

I took a spinning class today at school. For those of you who are unfamiliar with spinning, and I view that as a gift, it's where a room full of people get on stationary bicycles with small seats the consistency of a rock and put pedal to the medal to music. Sounds like fun right? Maybe.

I say maybe because the pain hasn't kicked in yet. I know for a fact that my butt hurts, but I won't know the extent of the damage to my legs until tomorrow morning, when I try to get up and can't. I will then be reduced to throwing myself off the bed and crawling to the bathroom. I say this as a detached observer, kinda like a doctor looking at some one's x-ray and commenting of the advancement of the diseased state. What's in store for me is really quite that clear.

So why did I do it? For the same reason people climb Mt. Everest, sort of. Because it's there (and they have the money). For me, the class comes courtesy of my student fees, and I wanted to be with my friends. And more importantly, I want to lose weight and know, at my age, merely cutting back on the rations doesn't work.

So I threw myself into this amazing workout and survived. As a reward, I downed some chocolate mints with a cold water chaser. Feeling pretty good right now. I know I've got to give up something, and it won't be the spinning or the cold water. Or a good night's sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Where is that offered? That sounds like a good workout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abigail, the class is offered for sure on Monday at noon at the basement gym at ASI center. I think it is also offered on Wednesday evenings at 6 pm. If you are not a member, sign up asap. It's the best deal in town. Just don't forget to bring a towel!

    ReplyDelete