Monday, April 30, 2012

A Wonderful Day

It's not often that the whole day goes right.  From waking up on time, to catching that first bus, to finishing the allotted portion of the thesis to not getting the van towed.  I'm breathless.

I've been having a rough time of it lately.  My left foot hurts (metatarsalgia), and I've been plagued by pain from head to toe.  Chances are, stress.  So I decided to see the doctor today, and despite having to bus it there (less than 10 minutes late!!!), I was relieved to find I didn't have any serious issues that an instep couldn't address.

Earlier, my professor let the class out early, and I rushed off to see my adviser about my thesis.  She liked what she read, and was very encouraging that I would finish before June.  I finished the last portion this morning, in my cubicle and turned it in.  How perfect is that?

The book I ordered from Amazon, due tomorrow, arrived today.  As I flipped through it, I remembered I forgot my sweater at the doctor's office, and called to track it down.  Just before carpool, I dashed over to pick it up.  When I came out of the building, the tow truck was just backing up to take my van away (despite the meter, it was after 4 pm, and therefore, a no parking zone).  When the driver saw me get into the van, he drove away.  No ticket on the windshield, no boot on the tire.

With a day like today, is there any doubt there's a G-d in this world and that He love us?

1 comment: