Monday, April 2, 2012

Getting My Head Straight

Today was the first day of the new school quarter, and I decided to bus it in early to take care of some errands.  I didn't have to wait long for the subway, but the final bus onto campus was another story.

Just as I was emerging from the subway, my bus took off.  I was so mad.  I put my incredibly heavy backpack down on the bench (I think I put rocks in it) and waited, somewhat impatiently, for the next bus.  Time was wasting.

Just then, a woman walked by with what looked  like a severe case of cerebral palsy.  Oh my gosh.  Hello - the message was clear.  Even with all I have to put up with, I'm still healthier than this lady.  I need to count my blessings.

Needless to say, I calmed down really quickly.  It didn't hurt that the bus showed up soon after.  Admittedly, I'm a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment