Monday, April 9, 2012

The Planner

Thursday morning, I had big plans.  There were still a few areas in my house that weren't completely cleaned for Passover and I would see to them when I got home.  I thought all this through on the bus at 5:50 am on my way to my latest rotation.

When I got there at 6:20 am, I took a moment out for coffee (free Starbucks to all volunteers!) and to get my head straight on my tasks.  But me head didn't really get straight, so I went into the office, put my stuff down, and got ready for breakfast tray line.

Afterwards, feeling somewhat under the weather, I worked the rest of the day at my desk.  I went from one project to another, feeling more punk as the day progressed.  I thought maybe I had gotten up too early, or went to bed too late.  Or something.

The bus broke down on the way home, which delayed that trip by a good 45 minutes.  Another frustrating 30 minutes on the phone with my school's financial aid office nearly had me exploding, and by the time I got home I was sick.  I mean really sick.  Like get me to the doctor sick.  Those areas that needed cleaning, well, they weren't going to be cleaned by me.

So I climbed into bed, took an Advil, and fell asleep.  A good, deep sleep.  A I missed bedikas chommetz sleep.  When I woke up Friday morning, I felt great.

What did I learn from this experience?  Never plan.  Never put off.  Work to your fullest everyday.  Because who knows what tomorrow will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment