Sunday, August 15, 2010

I Quit

Somehow, without my consent, I was elected Shabbat Kiddish Queen. I took it in stride, smiled and said okay. I'll help out. I'll take charge of setting up the women's kiddish table after Shabbat prayers. I must have been out of my mind.

Week after week, it was my job to ask about 20 women, the same 20 women, to move out of the way and take their chairs with them so tables could be set up and all that delicious food can be served. (For the most part, we're taking herring in oil, crackers, and cholent.)

But something snapped inside of me this past Shabbat. I just decided, I can't take this anymore. I can't keep asking the same people to move. It's not right. So I quit. Made it clear that I was no longer responsible for moving tables, and more important, moving people.

I'm sorry. I know I'm not right, but I also know my limitations. All I ask is that Hashem forgive me for running out of patience, and beg, indeed, implore, that He not treat me, or any of us, the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment