Monday, May 10, 2010

WIC is the Way

I spent four hours today working for WIC - the Supplemental Food Program for Women, Infants and Children. I loved it! I was truly in my element. Kinda made me think about my decision to work as a Registered Dietitian in a clinical (hospital) setting.

I didn't do much, just observe, put forms on clipboards and hand out their amazing cookbook. I plan to take a Spanish class this summer, and hope that will help me communicate with the overwhelming majority of people who frequent WIC services.

Of course, that could all change, but I have a feeling it won't. I'm more of a one-on-one person, and I love kids, which were in abundance today.

So I'll take a deep breath, finish my classes, and then apply to WIC. I'll let destiny take it from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment