Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Break From The Past

Actually, my title should read, "A Break From The Past Few Posts," as I am getting away from food in this one. Goes to show that my new diet and exercise program has left me preoccupied with eating.

In truth, I've been walking on the treadmill on average of 3 days a week for 45 minutes each time. I'm happy. Usually, I read Tehillim (Psalms) or study notes from class. Sometimes, when I'm at school, I watch the TV shows which are subtitled, or when I"m at the senior center, I'll tune into Good Morning America.

This past Friday, I did all three, paying little attention to the treadmill itself. When I looked up, I noticed that I was just a few feet away from the gym wall, which seemed very strange. When I looked back, I realized that my treadmill had traveled a good four feet from its starting position. I cried out to my fellow exercisers to take a look and everyone had a good laugh.

But how did that happen? Literally, the only thing that kept me from going to the wall itself was a chair - the extension cord was long enough to actually keep me going even if I had broken through the wall.

What's the message? Put the brakes on, or at least slow down? Pay attention to the world around you? I'm opting for having a good laugh at life's adventures. Thank you Holy One, for a moment of diversion from a hectic life.

No comments:

Post a Comment