Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Another Bright Idea

It has been unbearably hot here in Los Angeles this past week.  And wouldn't you know it - it's Sukkot, the one time of the year that we eat outside (with the sun beating down) in little wooden booths with bamboo or palm fonds on top.  Oh please.  Talk about torture.  Those creeps in Guantanamo got it good.

So I came up with this great idea - why not put a wet bathing suit top under my shirt and sit outside?  Wouldn't that cool me off?  The answer is no.  It didn't work.  And when I mentioned it to my friend D, she said, "oh, my mother always said that if you wear wet clothes you'll get a cold."

I laughed.  Are you serious?  It's over 100 degrees outside.  How in the world can I get a cold from wearing wet clothing in this heat?

I don't know how it happened but I got a cold.  Seriously.  I woke up this morning, the day after the wet swim suit, and have a cold.  Now D's mother is dead, so is it possible that this is a beyond the grave thing going on here?

Right now, I'm on my second cup of green tea, and wishing I had listened to D's mother.  From the Other Side, no less.

No comments:

Post a Comment