Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I Love When That Happens

I've been thinking about getting another pair of eyeglasses lately.  You know, just in case I lose the other two  pairs I  have.  You never know.

I distinctly remember having a third pair, which is the one I wanted to replace.  I even went so far as to get a coupon for a pair of free eyeglasses.  Today, that all changed.

This morning I left the house early to attend a seminar on eating disorders.  It had rained last night, so I wanted to play it safe and take a rain coat.  While it drizzled on the way there, there was no other major outpouring of rain and I didn't use the coat.

After a scheduled stop at the dentist, I drove home knowing that parking would be scarce on alternate street cleaning day.  But I got lucky.  My spot was just around the block.  So I grabbed my things for the quick sprint to the house and I notice something big in my rain coat pocket.

That's right - 9 months after misplacing them, I found my third pair of eyeglasses.  The same kinda thing happened to me during the summer.  I had replaced my Sansa MP3 paper which I lost, only to find it in the pocket of a purse I haven't used in ages.  And how did I find it - by brushing up against the purse while looking for something else.

The morale of the story is that either I'm getting absent minded and need to chill, or G-d is the best practical joker in the world.  I think we all know the answer to that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment