Thursday, October 18, 2012

An Interesting Encounter

I ran a few errands today, and ended up at Smart and Final to pick up a few things.  Well, one thing led to another and I found myself looking at products I had not intended to buy.  Like the Quaker Oats Granola Bars.  The Oats and Honey variety were on sale, but my heart really goes out to the Honey and Dark Chocolate.  So I turned the corner to the main display to grab a box.

There, standing by herself, was a woman checking labels.  My heart was filled with joy.  She was comparing the merits of the various bars out loud, unaware that I was behind her.  When she looked up and noticed me, she began to rave about her choice, which was good but I felt, a little hard to chew.  Then she went on about the merits of low salt, and we compared our boxes.  She was right.  Hers had 65 grams of sodium per bar, mine had 160 grams per bar.

Newsflash for me - this woman was really thinking about this stuff.  We continued talking about pleasant things, like how we both like chocolate, and then I bid her a good day.  Imagine that - the message about reducing salt intake is getting through.  

No comments:

Post a Comment