Thursday, September 20, 2012

Down But Not Out

I had a job interview today and I was out of my league.  Ouch.  It was a clinical nutrition position, and I just was not prepared.  I flunked the quiz.  The interviewer was as sweet as could be.  She assured me that it doesn't mean she won't hire me.  But truthfully, I wouldn't even hire myself.

It all comes down to understanding enteral and parenteral nutrition.  That's right - tube feeding.  Taking it down the nose, or in the vena cava.  Whatever.

I promised my interviewer, and myself, that I would nail these concepts.  And I will.  Just took a little wind out of my sails.  For an instant, it seemed like 5 years of schooling and the thousands of dollars it took to pay for it went down the drain.  And for a person who sees G-dliness in everything, that's saying a lot.

Got my work cut out for me.  But I'm gonna do it.  What are my options?

No comments:

Post a Comment