Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Feeling A Bit Overwhelmed

I can't wait for next week when I get to take a break from by lab assistant's position while the class goes on a field trip. I could certainly use the down time.

Seems I've been burning the candle at both ends. I also work as a health educator at a local homeless shelter. My first lecture was Monday night and I loved it. We talked about portion sizes and exercise. Everyone participated, and shared their concerns.

Today, I met with a client at the homeless shelter and was under the mistaken impression he was suffering from acute renal failure. The good news is he's not, the bad news is he has a host of other problems. But without reading up on his current conditions, all I could do was take a 24-hour food recall and asked questions regarding food access. We schmoozed a while longer, called it a morning and walked together to the bus stop.

Afterwards, I presented to a group on the topic of Vitamin D and HIV. Finished just in time to pick up my daughter from her camp bus stop. Got home, made dinner, including eating a trout my son caught at his fishing and singing camp.

Yeah, I'm worn out. Prepared my materials for tomorrow's group lecture at the homeless shelter, and plan to read up on my client's problems to help map out a strategy for nutrition success. But first, lights out tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment