Thursday, July 14, 2011

Ask And You Shall Receive

I found out this past Tuesday that I am now officially disqualified from future financial assistance because I have too many course units. Yes, I plan to appeal, but the whole situation is very disquieting.

So on my drive over to the Boys & Girls Club, on the crowded I-10 freeway, I ask G-d for a little help. Well, actually, I asked Him for a job.

Some time back I answered the call from a fellow student regarding a nutrition educator position at a homeless shelter. When I didn't hear back, I just assumed this student, whom I didn't really get along with all that well, had taken my resume and stuck it where the sun don't shine. . .the garbage can.

But, wouldn't you know it, yesterday, I got a call from the homeless shelter, along with the information that this fellow student highly recommended me. So not only did G-d answer me, but I completely misjudged this other person. So I'm feeling both good and bad about this latest opportunity.

I interview tomorrow. We'll see how things pan out. Maybe, just maybe, getting the job will be punishment I deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment