Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Pain Tears The Heart

Erev Shabbat, Friday night in the Land of Israel, three young children, aged 11, 4, and 3 months, along with their parents, had their throats slashed by Arab home invaders. They were murdered because they are Jews exercising their right to live on their own land.

I cannot tell you how I have cried over this. I am a mother, and these were my children. But perhaps what hurts so much is that there exists in this world, hopefully only temporarily, a person who would get close enough to a baby to slit her throat. That person knew he was killing an infant, he knew he was killing a 4-year old and an 11-year old. These weren't IDF soldiers armed and therefore capable of defending themselves. There's a person breathing oxygen right now who knowingly murdered children, causing his coreligionists to dance in the streets and hand out sweets.

I'm having a hard time thinking that I share a planet with someone like that. It's how my parents must have felt in 1939, when the other Nazis entered Poland and threatened their extended families. G-d help us, because this world is out of control - when a settlement built causes more outrage than the murder of children in their sleep.

Someone sent me this today and watching it made me feel better. I hope you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment