Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Okay, Whatever

I went to teach my girls today, which happened to be a big day for the school as the state-wide accreditation committee was on hand to make it final recommendations. I rode my "new to me" bike (i.e., it's a used beater mountain bike that's easy to ride but kinda squeaky and noisy) there, stopping first at the kosher Persian market (non-Persians friendly) to get lunch.

Ever since the accident (an unfortunate meeting between a car, my bike, and myself), I've been wearing a day glow vest when I ride, the kind emergency workers and public employees wear on the job. So I schlepped my bike into the school (the schlepping part being the front steps), and was standing next to it in my vest when an old friend came up to me and asked if I had been picking up trash on the freeway.

At first, I thought she was joking. She wasn't. She didn't see the bike. Guess it wasn't big enough, or close enough to me. After all, I was just holding onto the handle bars. Who wouldn't have miss it?

No comments:

Post a Comment