Monday, December 24, 2012

I'm An Addict

I don't know how to say this, but I'm hooked on a book on tape.  Well, it's not really on tape, it's on a CDs. Thirteen of them.  Oy vey, what was I thinking?

It's called "All Other Nights," and it's set in the Civil War.  It's the story of a Yankee spy, a young Jewish man, who gets involved, among other things, in busting up a Rebel spy ring involving a Southern Jewish family in which he marries one of the four sisters.

I'm addicted to the story.  I listen to it in the car, and sometimes, when I get to where I'm going and it's right in the middle of a really exciting part, I sit in my car and continue to listen.  Like I have all the time in the world to sit around and listen to a story?

I'm up to CD number 10.  I've been at this story for over a week now (I drive about an hour a day to work and back, and then usually go shopping afterwards), and to tell the truth, I love the concept of listening to a narrator (it's amazing - this guy plays about 10 different parts!), but 13 CDs?  Really?  It's kinda taking too long.

Not that I'm proud of myself, but I actually checked out the book so I could read the end.  Seriously, I may not get to the last CD for another few days.  I just had to know if the hero comes out alright.  And if you want to know if he does, then continue reading.  Otherwise, it'a fun story .  Check it out!

*(He does!)

No comments:

Post a Comment