Monday, December 24, 2012

Checking In

I just got off the phone with my son in Australia - actually, I just got off the computer phone (Skype) with my son in Australia.  He sure looks cute on my little screen.  Cute, happy, content.  I hope that means he won't want to stay in that country.

I know it's wrong, but every time I talk to him I remind him that he lives here, in America, the greatest country on earth.  He laughs, figures I'm joking, and then goes on to say that he knows he coming home in a year.  But I mean it.  Australia is too far away for one of my children to live, even if I did just figure out how to spell the name right.

Funny, I don't feel that way about Israel.  If any of my children were to let me know tonight that they were moving to Israel (except my 11 year old daughter), I'd be thrilled.  There's something about Australia that doesn't sit right with me.  I mean, the people are nice enough, it's just something about that country that puts me off.

Anyway, it's my problem.  Not my cute, happy, content son.  And I'm gonna have to deal with it.  And I have just under a year to do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment