Friday, August 3, 2012

Becoming One

I'm becoming one dimensional, that is.  All this studying is turning me into a melancholy person.  I went to a family wedding last night, and all I could think about was whether it was wise to leave my flash cards in the car.  I mean, I didn't want to talk to anyone.

Or maybe I'm getting older and cranky.  I'm trying to keep my mouth shut, both against food and words, and  so far, only food is slipping in.

I have this policy that I never go to an event hungry.  I don't want to be preoccupied by wondering where's the food, or eating food that might make me sick because I'm too hungry to care.  So I ate A LOT yesterday before going to the party.  Once I got there, I was good, I didn't eat the hors d'oeurvres, but hello, chowed down on the jelly beans, fruit, main course and two cokes.

It's kinda weird that my daughter is the one throwing up this morning, and not me.  She was so overwhelmed by the pageantry that she barely ate a thing.  Vindicated!

No comments:

Post a Comment