Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Talking in LA

I was recruited, without my approval, to speak to new hires at my company about the role of the dietitian.  I know it would have been so easy to ask "why me?" but I assumed that my dear friend and colleague, also recruited for the same task, put me up for it.  So I swallowed my resentment at being imposed upon to speak in front of people I don't know because I thought I was doing it for a good cause.

Well, wasn't it something to find out today that another dear friend of mine who works for the company  was the one who put me up for this assignment.  I was shocked, actually.  And relieved to know that my colleague, the best of the best and truly dear to me, would never have recommended me for anything without checking first.  

Silly me.  It's been about six months since this "extra" gig began and I've hung onto these feelings of imposition and thankfully, kept my mouth shut.  Just goes to show you - never assume and never hold onto hard feelings.  Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment