Friday, October 30, 2020

Free Speech Ought To Be Free

 

I've heard a lot lately about Twitter and Facebook shutting down opinions they don't like under one guise or another. But I don't spend a lot of time on either sites so whatever.  However, I do like to peruse Yahoo and I really resent that they shut off comments with the bogus excuse of creating a safe space.  It sounds like something Hitler would have said.

If that sounds a little much, I mean the part about Hitler, then know this is how much I despise perfidy in all forms.  And when a communication system like Yahoo, which dictates what stories run and which don't (i.e., anti-Trump versus anti-Biden), then comments are the only way to truly allow free speech.

Which means the editors at Yahoo wouldn't know free speech if it bitch slapped them or bit them in the ass.  Which means they are unqualified for their jobs and need to quit immediately.  That's the dream.

The question is - what are these "big tech" companies so afraid of?  That Americans might actually think for themselves?  That we might just figure out that they're liars and we don't want what they're selling?

I am frustrated but I am optimistic.  I believe that the American people can think for themselves and don't want to be lied to by "Big Brother."  I believe that we will rise up and reject these bastards for who they are and what they represent - the end of the most cherished American value of all.  Free speech didn't earn the number one slot in the Bill of Rights for nothing.  Without free speech we aren't Americans and this isn't America.

I will do my part - speak and think freely.  Join me.  It's free.



No comments:

Post a Comment