Monday, February 4, 2013

Shopping With My Other Baby

I am blessed with one daughter, and everyone thinks she's so special.  Even me.  But I've been spoiled.  Having a passel of sons before her, I've never had to "shop at the mall" for any length of time.  Well, the party's over.

My daughter, who is 11 years old, decided she needed some pencil skirts for Shabbat.  What I really mean is that she's 11 years old going on 25.  But it's my duty to take care of my daughter's material needs, so to keep her quiet, I agreed to go to the local mall, nee football stadium complete with 8 floors.  Seriously, 8 floors - do we really need that many choices?

We concentrated on H & M and Forever 21 - which were the furthest from our parking spot, and pretty much found what we needed.  It only took 2 hours, and I guess I should be grateful she was happy.  Because by being happy, we could stop shopping and starting heading home.

Want to know my fantasy?  That I give my daughter to my sister, the shopaholic with 3 daughters. Talk about a match made in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment