Friday, November 12, 2010

Hidden Miracles

It's an hour and a half before Shabbat and I can barely keep my eyes open. This week has been extremely tough. Two midterms, one Yom Iyun (teacher in-service day), a major trip downtown and back by bike and bus. And then there's Dr. Tam's other midterm due next week.

Even though I am exhausted, I can see the G-dliness in our world. I took my daughter to the massive kosher market in the Valley (think Ralph's with only kosher food, fresh and packaged), and we enjoyed our trip down the aisles deciding what to eat on Shabbat.

Spoke to two dear friends by phone who I don't see very often and it was great to hear their voices. With Veteran's Day off, I got to see my children in the evening. I could go on, but Shabbat is knocking at my door.

After I take roll in the high school physiology class I teach Tuesdays and Fridays, I give each girl a turn at reading a short chapter from "Bringing Heaven Down To Earth," an amazing book of short thoughts all taken from the Rebbi by Tzvi Freeman. The girls love it, and vie for their turn to read, which goes in row order.

Today my student read about hidden miracles, and I really related to it. If we were to sit down and just think about all the hidden miracles that happen to us, we would be more impressed with our Creator.

Hard to imagine being more impressed, but it's true. Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment